BirdSleuth, Celebrate Urban Birds, eBird, Great Backyard Bird Count, Macaulay Library, NestWatch, Project FeederWatch, and YardMap, plus other stuff like this photo contest. If you've already registered with any one of these citizen-science projects, then you're good to go!
How This Contest Works:
- Every Wednesday, the folks at Project FeederWatch will post a new BirdSpotter challenge, telling you what kind of photos they would like to see that week.
- Click 'enter your photo!' on the right sidebar. Enter all the required information, upload your best photo that fits the category, and click 'submit'!
- Each week's contest runs from Wednesday to midnight Sunday.
- There will be two winners each week: one photo with the most votes and one judge's choice. Winners are announced on Mondays and will be entered for the Grand Prize!
- Vote, share your comments, and browse photos by clicking 'vote now on this week's entries'!
- The contest runs from November 11, 2015 to February 29, 2016.
- You can enter every week! But only one entry per person per week. See official rules.
- New prizes every week! This year's contest is sponsored by Droll Yankees, World's Best Bird Feeders, so all prizes will be Droll Yankees products.
Also, Project FeederWatch starts Saturday, November 14! Have you joined/renewed? I have! Go to FeederWatch's website to join or renew: feederwatch.org
This is a combined post with Feathers on Friday. Here is my weekly Feathers on Friday post for November 13, 2015. This week's Feathers on Friday bird is a last reminder of summer before winter begins: a male Broad-tailed Hummingbird and a female Rufous Hummingbird, seen in August.